We are looking for a Turf Technician to work alongside a tight knit team of motivated professionals, maintaining some of Auckland’s best high end residential lawns. Join our award-winning team at Humphreys Landscaping Ltd.
About the role
The person we are looking for needs to be motivated, a team player, skilled, a good communicator and reliable. You will be maintaining some of the most exclusive and beautiful lawns in Auckland.
As the first point of contact to the client it is essential to have excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
This permanent, full time position offers the most competitive remuneration package within its field, working alongside a trained, energetic and professional team, within a well organised environment.
Humphreys Landscaping Ltd has a strong team of support for all our staff and we focus on developing career paths.
- Any difficult conversations are to be handled politely and with a 'can do' attitude
- Ensure you/your team understands your client's priorities and expectations
- Ensure you/your team is fully equipped/experienced to deliver client's expectations
- Ensure you/your team delivers a high quality of work (minimal errors/rework/ on time
- Ensure your communication with clients is effective and timely
Tools, Vehicle & Equipment:
- Manage your vehicle to ensure they are clean and fully equipped to deliver as required, and safely
- Manage your tools and machinery to ensure they are fully operative and equipped to deliver as required, and safely
- Manage your personal protective equipment to ensure they are fully equipped and utilised correctly to deliver as required, and safely
Health & Safety:
- Pro-actively raise any hazards to health and safety team
- Monitor your team's accidents/incidents, ensuring necessary forms are completed, and first aid kits are replenished when necessary
- Adhere to HLL Health and Safety requirements and ensure you wear/use Personal Protective Equipment correctly
- Attend Quarterly Health & Safety meeting
Skills & Experience
Applicants are preferred to have, but not limited to the following criteria:
- Ability to identify and know how to best treat Pests and Disease
- Knowledge of fertilisers and their application
- Knowledge and ability of adjusting irrigation and troubleshooting issues
- Knowledge of HLL Premium lawn care programme
- Ability to mow lawns and trim edges to a high standard
- Ability to work at required pace in order to completing the work on time
- Ability to minimise downtime in the day
- Delivery of high-quality work (i.e. minimal rework/errors)
- Completion of all administration promptly and accurately
Applicants for this position should be a NZ citizen, resident OR be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Ready To Apply?
Please fill in your details below and include a brief CV.